Sunday, November 28, 2010

So this weekend turned out to be a lot less relaxing than I thought, but it was great though. Thanksgiving day I ran my first ever 5K. There was about 6000 people there! Luckily, a friend of mine ran with me (thanks Liz!) making it so much easier. Then while Tony played football I took the kids home to make our part of dinner.

We ate dinner at some friends house and had a great time! Then a couple friends and I left at 9:30 to be to Toys R Us by 10pm. There were probably 1500 people there, so needless to say, most everything we wanted was gone. While one friend waited in line, we went to Walmart and got some smoking deals there at midnight. Then we came home for a few hours sleep and headed out again at 8am for more shopping fun! Even though we were tired we all had a great time and I got most of my shopping done!

After shopping on Friday we put up our small Christmas trees (1 for each of the kids rooms and 1 in the living room). We got all our Christmas decorations up before going to another friends house for a Rock Band party.

Saturday we put up our Christmas lights and cleaned out the shed--and now it's Sunday. Whew!!! I really need a day of rest. Hopefully this explains why I didn't make my last Thanksgiving post on Thanksgiving day--I'll do it now (without Tony's help).
I cannot end my days of gratitude posts without expressing my gratitude for my Savior. He has given me everything in my life that matters and everything in my life that I need. He has given me my family--forever. I never have to give them up or worry about never seeing them again. He has given me peace through the atonement. He has given me His teachings and commandments which bring me freedom and joy. Because of His gospel I have met amazing people who inspire, lift, encourage and understand me.

I have everything I could ever need and all of that comes from my Savior, His atonement, and His gospel. My greatest desire is to live my life worthy to return to Him and to have His spirit with me until then. And as the saying goes, it's not always easy, but it is definitely worth it!

No comments: