Sunday, November 13, 2011

Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Tonight, we put the kids in bed a little early--like 10 minutes, which is 1 hour in kid time. A few minutes later Gracie came in to say Hallie was laying in the middle of the bed (they share a queen bed). Tony went in to resolve the issue. Hallie sleeps at one end, Gracie at the other. As he left he had a little exchange with the girls. It's pretty typical--for us anyway.

Tony: Now don't get out of bed again or you lose your Wii time for tomorrow.

Gracie: What if we're bleeding or on fire?

Tony: Then just yell, "I'm bleeding!" or "I'm on fire!"

Hallie: Well, you'll have to hurry!

Tony: I will, but neither of those things are going to happen...just go to sleep!

This is almost a nightly occurance for us. Usually they're worried about more dramatic things, like earthquakes. Please tell me we're not the only ones!

P.S. Hallie has already gotten out of bed twice since I started writing this. If I were a good parent I'd tell her she's lost her Wii time, but tonight I'm too tired!

2 comments:

MA said...

Oh that's so funny! Riley gets so excited hearing about natural disasters. During the summer we were having a tropical storm with tornados and Riley couldn't wait to camp out in our bathtub. Kids are funny!

Preston and Angie said...

Haha. I'm way behind on reading your blog, but this is awesome. Brayden has a hard time settling down at night and likes to come out, but has yet to come up with ridiculous excuses (I'm sure it'll happen). His are more sneaky because they could be real. Always asking for juice or saying there's a bug, etc. Haha. Kids are so funny. I will make excuses to sleep more and they make excuses to sleep less.