Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hallie's arm update

Nearly 7 weeks ago I got the fateful phone call from the school. But today the cast is gone. I think I was more excited about getting it off than she was. Mostly I just wanted to wash her hand. When they put the splint on at urgent care and then the cast, they never washed her hand.
Hallie has been so great through all this. She really has not missed a beat. She never complained about having to eat with her left hand or write with her left hand. She still jumps off the furniture and runs all over the house.
She's such a good girl (except for the jumping off the furniture and running through the house) and I'm so grateful because I know she could have made this whole experience much worse.
So here's a few pictures of the big event today!
This is the guy that put the cast on her. When he did, he had to squeeze her wrist to make it tighter there and that made her cry. But I don't think she even recognized him today. First he used this circular saw type thing to cut through the hard part. Then scissors for the cottony layers.
Hallie holding her cast
William, Gracie (with Hallie's cast on) and Hallie--she still doesn't like to straighten her arm, but we're working on that.
Hooray! It's finally off! (Check out William in the back trying on Hallie's cast too.)

1 comment:

Mamma Meg said...

Wow! What a brave little girl. I actually have a scar on my arm from when they removed a cast when I was three. They cut me with the saw! Yikes! Um, glad I told you that story after it was removed.