Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmastime already?!?

Today we went to the Festival of Trees here in town. The kids went nuts looking at all the decorations, trying desperately not to touch them (since they were promised a fast trip to the car if they did), and dragging me from tree to tree to show me their favorite ornaments. I also went to a Relief Society craft day and got a wonderful idea for Christmas tree ornaments using kids alphabet blocks (maybe I'll post a picture when I actually make them). And tonight at our youth Hayride I was reminded that there are only 35 days until Christmas. WHAT?!?!?!

Christmas is my favorite time of year. It's almost here and before I know it, it will be January. I really need to slow things down so I can enjoy this next month (not sure how I'm gonna do it, but I'll work on it). Since this will be our last Christmas in Tallahassee I want to make it memorable. I want lots of family time, friend time, service time, and study/ponder time.

So today I'm grateful for Christmastime. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Not only do we get to celebrate the birth and life of our Savior, but we get to create so many memories with our families and friends--so many traditions. I love the extra emphasis on families and traditions that everyone feels this time of year. I love the increased attention to our Savior and His work. And I know that we should always be thinking of Him and His work, but it's especially wonderful at Christmastime.

P.S. It's been a very long day, so if this doesn't make any sense, I'll blame it on that!

No comments: