Friday, November 19, 2010

Doctor's visit

Today Clara got 3 shots. She took it pretty well at the time (minimal crying) but spent the rest of the day fussy. But even after that, I'm grateful she can get good medical care.
I actually dread going to the doctor. We always have to spend at least and hour waiting for just 10 minutes with the doctor. But really, I'll take that any day to having to watch my child suffer through an ear infection, or worse.
While the health care system in this country is not perfect (and likely to get worse) I am so grateful I don't have to watch my kids suffer. It would literally break my heart to see my child suffering and know there is absolutely nothing I could do to help. Even ibuprofen is a miracle! If some awful disease struck or an accident happened, I know we have access to the best medical care in the world. Compared to the other 6 billion people on the planet, we've got it pretty good.

No comments: