Monday, November 8, 2010

Gratitude

So, I was reading my cousin-in-law's blog the other day and she is doing this really awesome thing. Everyday for the month of November she is writing about something she is grateful for. I love the idea of thinking of one thing everyday and focusing on that. So I thought I'd give it a try. I'm also going to ask my kids everyday. I even made up a little sheet were we can all write down one thing each day. There is even a place for Clara (I thought the kids would have fun thinking of something she could be grateful for!).


So everyday until Thanksgiving I (hopefully) will be sharing with you something I'm grateful for, and maybe even a few of my kids ideas.


Today I'm grateful that I can be a stay-at-home mom. Nothing brings me greater joy than always being here for my kids. I love being here when they get home from school. I love getting things done while they are at school and I love that I have nothing else that is "more important" to do. It wasn't' until I moved to Florida that I realized what a rare thing it is to not send your kids to daycare.

Of course, the reason I can be a stay-at-home mom is my wonderful husband. He works so hard for our family so that I can stay home. I'm grateful that he supports my desire to stay at home. I remember discussing this when we were dating--although it wasn't much of a discussion. I said I wanted to be able to stay home with the kids and he said, "me too." We spent the rest of the conversation talking about what he wanted to do for his career.

So that's it for today. Tonight for FHE we're going to start with the kids. Hopefully I can get more out of them than toys or the trampoline.

No comments: