Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day


Today I'm grateful for all our veterans. I am so grateful there are men (and women) out there willing to risk their lives for me and my family. I honestly can't even imagine having to send my husband or son off to war. It's something I don' think I could ever do, and I hope I never have to. But I will be eternally grateful for those people who are so willing.

We live in the most amazing country on the planet and that is all due to our wonderful veterans who daily sacrifice so that we (and other people) can be free. So, thank you to all of you who have served and are currently serving. I hope you all know that we really do appreciate your sacrifice.

As a little side note, a few years ago I read the book Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell. I've never read any military books, but this book was amazing. You get a glimpse into what you have to do to become a Navy Seal, and what these men go through on the battle field (it's not too graphic, though). It was truly incredible. I highly recommend it!

No comments: